Abri-mémoire : heritage centre
Reflection of the village's history, the "Abri-mémoire" has been created in the oldest house of Uffholtz, built in 1581.
During a century and a half, the house belonged to the Ficht family, set up in Uffholtz since 1650.
According to a stocklist from 1768, the estate had a barn, a stable, a courtyard, as well as a kitchen garden and an enclosed field.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the house is left to the Burger family, which transforms it into a café. During the World War 1, the german people, sitting in the village, turned the house into a sanitary shelter.
Now converted into a cultural and legacy center, talking about history, memory and peace, “l’Abri-mémoire” offers various discovery areas, a friendly café, a space for temporary exhibitions, a resource center, a projection room, as well as an artist studio.